Marcin Pawel Jarzebski特任研究員
Dr. Marcin Pawel Jarzebski has been working the Project Researcher at the University of Tokyo, Institute for Future Initiatives (IFI) (formerly the Integrated Research System for Sustainability Science), since 2016. He obtained his Ph.D. from Sustainability Science Global Leadership Initiative Program and Natural Environmental Science Department at the University of Tokyo (2015), discoursing community resilience of indigenous and non-indigenous community forestry groups in the Philippines. Currently, he works on climate change adaptation in Vietnam, previously in Indonesia. He was also a member of Food Security Impacts of Industrial Crop Expansion in Sub-Sahara Africa (FICESSA) with his work focused on the interface of food production and industrial crop growing in Malawi and Swaziland. He is also engaged into the Alliance for Future Society (AFS) .
As an environmental scientist, he is interested in GIS application to multiple environmental conditions. His previous work was engaging GIS system to biomass estimation and loss over time, in the protected areas in Poland, with integration of the forest inventory data (Nicolaus Copernicus University, 2009); and to disaster management in the flood-prone areas of informal settlements in Manila, the Philippines (The University of the Philippines, 2011). He is also the editorial board member of the Ecological Questions Journal and guest editor of Sustainability Science journal.
- heat stress on human health
- climate change adaptation
- community resilience
- community forestry
- 2016 -Project Researcher at the University of Tokyo, Institute for Future Initiatives (IFI) (formerly the Integrated Research System for Sustainability Science)
- 2015.12Ph.D. at Graduate Program in Sustainability Science – Global Leadership Initiative (GPSS-GLI) at Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, the University of Tokyo
- 2009.9Master of Science in Environmental Studies with specialization Waters Protection - complementary 5-yeras master course at the Faculty of Biology and Earth Science, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun (Poland) as best graduate (ERASMUS student at Environmental Science International Bachelors Programme at Saxion Universities of Applied Sciences in Deventer)
- 2007Diploma of Japanese Culture and Language at the Faculty of Languages, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń (Poland)