Hiroo IdeHiroo IdeProject Associate Professor, Institute for Future Initiatives
Hiroo Ide is a Project Assistant Professor at the Institute for Future Initiatives (IFI), the University of Tokyo from 2018. He Hold a Ph. D in medical science from the University of Tokyo in 2011, MA from Keio University in 1998. Prior to IFI, he worked at the University of Tokyo hospital and Chiba University hospital. He studied as a fellow at the Harvard School of Public Health.
He has conducted research on human resources and health care delivery systems using mainly quantitative methods by using individual data of public statistics (he received his PhD from the University of Tokyo on human resource issues in 2011). In recent years, he has been working with governments and health insurers to and conducting policy research on standardization of health insurers’ business plans, and health productivity management (HPM).He is also interested in the field of long-term care, examining the development process of new technologies for home care, and examining social factors of countermeasures against COVID-19 in long-term care facilities.
In addition to his research, he has been involved in hospital administration for many years and has been involved in educational activities related to the management and operation of medical institutions.
- Ide H, Kodate N, Suwa S, Tsujimura M, Shimamura A, Ishimaru M, Yu W. The ageing ‘care crisis’ in Japan: is there a role for robotics-based solutions? International Journal of Care and Caring. Accepted.
- Estevez-Abe M, Ide H. COVID-19 and Japan’s Low Death Toll in Long-Term Care Facilities for Older People. Journal of Aging & Social Policy. Accepted.
- Tsujimura M, Ide H, Yu W, Kodate N, Ishimaru M, Shimamura A, Suwa S. The essential needs for home-care robots in Japan. Journal of Enabling Technologies 2020.
- Suwa S, Tsujimura M, Kodate N, Donnelly S, Kitinoja H, Hallila J, Toivonen M, Ide H, Bergman-Kärpijoki C, Takahashi E, Ishimaru M, Shimamura A, Yu W. Exploring Perceptions toward Home-Care Robots for Older People in Finland, Ireland, and Japan: A Comparative Questionnaire Study. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics 2020;90:104178. DOI: 10.1016/j.archger.2020.104178.
- Hamamatsu Y, Ide H, Kakinuma M, Furui Y. Maintaining Physical Activity Level Through Team-Based Walking With a Mobile Health Intervention: Cross-Sectional Observational Study. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth 2020;8(7):e16159. DOI: 10.2196/16159.
- Suwa S, Tsujimura M, Ide H, Kodate N, Ishimaru M, Shimamura A, Yu W. Home-care professionals’ ethical perceptions of the development and use of home-care robots for older adults in Japan. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction. 2020;14:1295-1303. DOI: 10.1080/10447318.2020.1736809.
- Kakinuma M, Ide H, Nakao K, Ichikawa D, Nagai R, Furui Y. Metabolic syndrome: Association between prevalence and risk at worksites. Arch Environ Occup Health. 2019:1-9. DOI: 10.1080/19338244.2019.1610347.