This site (https://ifi.u-tokyo.ac.jp/) is administered by the University of Tokyo Institute for Future Initiatives (IFI). Note that this site policy may be subject to change without prior notice.
IFI retains copyright to all the content on this website, including text, images and documents, unless otherwise indicated. Content may not be copied, reproduced or altered without permission. However, copying or reproduction for personal, non-profit use only within your organization is permitted as long as the original sources are made clear.
Linking to This Website
Generally, pages of this website may be linked to freely, and displaying the URL of this website in magazines or other such media is permitted. Depending on the content of your website, however, you may be asked to remove your link to the University website or otherwise stop displaying URLs from this website. Note that the following precautions should be observed when linking to this website:
- Linking to this website for advertisement or sales purposes is prohibited.
- Upon linking to this website, it should be clearly stated that the link is to IFI.
- Displaying the page of this site within a frame on your website is forbidden.
* It is unnecessary to notify the University when displaying a link on a website or publishing a link in a magazine or other media.
* Note that the URL of this website may be changed or the page may be taken down without notice.
The University of Tokyo will bear no responsibility for the content of external websites linked from pages on this site. Requests for external links are not accepted.
The University of Tokyo promotes the appropriate management of personal information by enforcing The University of Tokyo Rules on the Procedures for the Appropriate Management of Personal Information Retained by the University (enacted in March 2005). The University strives to operate its administration and business initiatives properly and smoothly while protecting the rights and interests of individuals.
For details on the abovementioned Rules, visit
Scope and Use of Information Collected
- We will use your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other information entered optionally in the online form in order to respond to your inquiries or contact you for confirmation. In addition, if inquiries, etc. are made via e-mail, the sender’s e-mail address will be displayed on the recipient’s screen.
- If you intend to register for subscription of e-mail newsletters or cancel such subscription, you will need to provide your e-mail address.
- When we receive your application for participation in events, etc., we may ask you to provide your name, professional affiliation, e-mail address, and other information in order to register you for such events and implement them smoothly.
- Furthermore, when certain personal information becomes unnecessary considering the purposes of its use, we will delete and discard such information promptly and properly.
Limitation on Use of Personal Information and Provision of Information to Third Parties
Unless otherwise provided for by laws and regulations, we will not use or provide to third parties personal information collected on the IFI website for purposes other than those described in the above section “Scope and Use of Information Collected” without prior approval from the user.
Use of Google Analytics
Compliance with Laws and Regulations
The IFI complies with laws and regulations and other rules concerning personal information protection. Furthermore, the IFI continuously reviews its practices regarding legal compliance and endeavors to improve such practices.
Please direct all general inquiries, opinions, and requests about this website to Inquiry Form.