On December 03, 2022, this year’s “Japan Korea Dialogue” was held at Korea University in Seoul, South Korea.
“11th Korea-Japan(Japan-Korea) Dialogue on East Asian Security (2022)”
Venue: Room# 201, the College of Political Science and
Economics Building, Korea University
Hosts: Institute for Future Initiatives (IFI), University of Tokyo
SessionⅠ: “Present and Future Direction of China’s Economic
Development: Implications for the Economic and
Technological Policies of Japan and the ROK”
Sesson Ⅱ: “Chinese Foreign Strategy after the 20th Party Congress”
※This forum was organized by subsidies from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Security Studies Unit Project
US-China Competition and Securitization of Critical and Emerging Technologies: Evaluating Policy-making Process and Impacts on Globalized Economy
The relationship between the U.S. and China has experienced pivotal shift since 2018. Competition between the two superpowers has significant impacts on both security environment and the globalized world economy. This project aims to assess the current state of U.S. and Chinese export controls, regulations of capital, and migration of people as velated to technology. Furthermore, we will analyze their policy-making process, and clarify the impacts on the global supply chain, Asian economic integration, and the security environment.
News / Events
SSU published and updates of essays and working papers as the final outcome of MOFA Grant Research Project “US-China Competition and Securitization of Critical and Emerging Technologies: Evaluating Policy-making Process and Impacts on Globalized Economy”
Date: 2022.03.15 (Tue.)
Venue: Online Seminar (ZOOM)
※This meeting was organized by subsidies from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Kiichi FujiwaraDirector of the Institute for Future Initiatives Professor, Graduate Schools of Law and Politics
- Ryo SahashiAssociate Professor, International Relations Institute for Advanced Studies on Asia
- Asei ItoAssociate Professor, Institute of Social Science
- Shingo ItoChief Researcher, Institute For International Economic Studies
- Arisa EmaAssociate Professor, Institute for Future Initiatives
- Keiti (Huiting) WeiProject Assistant Professor, Graduate Schools for law and Politics
- Seio NakajimaProfessor, Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies, Waseda University
- Yu MiyajiStaff writer with the Asahi shimbun
- Satoru MoriProfessor, Department of Law, Hosei University
- Jaehwan LimProfessor, School of International Politics, Economics and Communication, Aoyama Gakuin University
- Tohru (Kobayashi) YoshiokaAssistant Professor, Department of Business Administration Institute of Innovation Research, Hitotsubashi University