We have conducted research for the sustainable development of the energy sector in Myanmar including a comprehensive review and analysis of overall power sector policies and the potential role of micro-grids/mini-grids for rural electrification. We are also committed with the so-called “Energy for Sustainable Development in Myanmar”, as an attempt to integrate pacification considerations in the energy policy-making process. The project produce policy alternatives and communicate them through dialogues with policymakers and stakeholders and capacity-building exercises.
- Ichiro SakataProfessor, Graduate School of Engineering
- Hisashi YoshikawaProject Professor, Graduate School of Public Policy
- Hideaki ShiroyamaVice Director, Institute for Future Initiatives
- Masahiro SugiyamaAssociate Professor, Institute for Future Initiatives
- Kensuke YamaguchiProject Assistant Professor, Institute for Future Initiatives
- Daniel Del Barrio AlvarezProject Researcher